You know why you have the absolute best ideas or remember the most important things while in the shower? Well, until they create an affordable waterproof cell phone, the shower is one of the only places where you can still have a few minutes of uninterrupted “thinking time”.
As soon as we hop out of the shower, we hit the ground running, often stuffing our day with “to do’s”, being more reactionary instead of proactive, please many people, take care of others, and possibly keep our job which leaves very little time to think through what it would actually take to change our lives or our businesses.
Most folks think strategy is difficult. I used to think the same thing. I thought learning to “being strategic” was directly connected to obtaining a Harvard degree and thoroughly understanding the fundamentals of probabilities, charts, derivatives, and the like.
Yep. I barely passed Statistics… in theory ( school) , but find that I can totally kick its butt in strategy in reality ( thinking & hitting the pavement)
What I’ve learned, is that thinking strategically is simply a way of looking at your business, finding your best opportunities, creating angles and openings for yourself, measuring what’s working, and clearing out what’s not.
And guess what…. you’re not alone in this process.
My team and I have cooked up 2 POWERFUL opportunities to walk you through simple, yet effective business strategy lessons this month. But for those of you who want to know and understand the basics of what you can do now to totally change your business…. keep reading below to get the Step-by-Step DIY Strategy Timeout for FREE….
Ok, so you’re interested. Now, I want you to read through these steps, but DO NOT attempt them, until you have set aside time to give your business the respect it deserves. Depending on where you currently are in your business, this session and answering these questions could take 2-4 hours.
Key Questions for a DIY Simple Strategic Session
Take a massive TRUTHFUL assessment by answering these questions
What’s Your Current Situation?
- What’s working in my business? Be specific and go through each product, service or event.
- What’s not working in my business?
- What am I currently measuring? ( analytics on my website, growth in database, etc.) To measure your analytics, try sites like Google Analytics, and Tweet Reach.
- Am I getting in my own way ( procrastinating, making excuses, wasting time, letting others waste my time)? What’s holding me up?
- Am I organized? Meaning, if someone were to call right now, wanting to buy my products and services, do I have a quick way to get them this information like through a consulting package, rate sheet, speaker’s kit, portfolio, the proper documents, working and complete email addresses and websites, etc.?
- Am I truly ready to put in the work to make changes?
Schedule an Uber Focused Brainstorming Session with Yourself
( a session without your phone, social media, checking email, or with noises)
- How did you find your past opportunities?
- Are you doing that much and more to find new ones?
- Are you creating ways, products, or opportunities for people to get familiar with your talent?
- Who could help you share you message much further and have you started building a relationship with them? I don’t mean, cold emailing or contacting them and asking for help or a freebie. Have you started to build a relationship with them by offering your services or helpful information first?
What About Your Brand?
- Do I know who your client is?
- How do you get on the radar of your client?
- Am I giving my potential client a chance to experience my skills and talents through writing, blogging, videos, sharing useful information on social media, speaking, consulting, interviewing?
- How am I leveraging social media to get my message across?
- Am I using my marketing and branding tools consistently to share not only my message but useful information?
These are some preliminary, yet HIGHLY important questions to ask yourself, with answers that are very valuable to the growth of your business. You CAN make some changes to your current business and you CAN be more strategic without that Harvard degree.
Like I said earlier, from your feedback, my previous consulting client’s issues and the massive amount of emails I get, we feel this topic and learning how to pick up thinking skills is imperative to the growth of our audience’s businesses.
So we’ve built 2 opportunities for change this month.
One being our FREE Strategy Hangout on Google, Feb 11th, that is for ONLY 50 attendees. We have a few spaces left, the session will be recorded, and we will answer the questions that the attendees have sent to us.
It will be an Answer Only session.
This live session on Feb 11th is free, however, the recording will not be. So grab one of the last seats NOW by clicking here.
The second opportunity that we’ve built is our Strategy Clinic on Feb 22nd and it’s TOTALLY virtual.
Here’s were we go to level 2 with your business.
We’ve killed the location obstacle by making this session virtual, so you can join us on Feb 22nd no matter where you are in the world.
I’m really proud of this session as my team and I put A LOT of time into your individual business- meaning, we do have a space limit for this session, so that we can give each business ample research time.
After you register, you fill out our quick Strategy Questionnaire, so that we can get an understanding of what you want to accomplish, then BEFORE the live session, our team spends time creating a business strategy recommendation plan for you. It’s a lot of work for us, but I love to do it and see the improvements it makes in our attendee’s businesses.
This session on Feb 22nd is our last live one. After the 22nd, this session will only be offered as an online course at a different price. So, if you’re really serious, I mean really, really serious, grab your seat now, and while you’re doing that, check out some of our past Strategy Clinic testimonials, and session benefits here
Details. Details. Details….
How to Prepare for the February 11th FREE Strategy Hangout
– Login on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:30pm Central
– Take notes, listen well
– EXECUTE on the information you receive!
How to Prepare for the February 22nd Virtual Strategy Clinic
– Fill out the Strategy Questionnaire that we will send to you after you register
– Read the pre-strategy information, advice and tools that we send you before your session
– Login on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014 at 9am Central
– Download ALL of the documents that are included with the course
– Take notes, follow along with your documents, ask as many questions as you like
– EXECUTE on the information that you receive!
It’s that simple. You ready???